1.29.2013

Recipe: Yeast Rolls & Cinnamon Rolls

Recipe today for the yeast rolls and delicious cinnamon rolls that I posted yesterday! J  I know most of you that read this blog aren’t inhaling carbs like I am while pregnant, so please excuse me as I tempt you!!

First, it should be known, that to make the cinnamon rolls, I simply use the yeast roll recipe and go from there…..  So for the roll recipe here it is.

Ingredients:
1 cup lukewarm water
2 pkg yeast
1 stick melted margarine or butter
1 cup milk
3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs-  room temp. Beaten
6 cups flour( may use a little more or less)
1 1/2 teaspoon salt

Method:
Mix together and let sit until frothy:
1 cup lukewarm water
2 pkg yeast

Mix together:
Yeast mixture
1 stick melted margarine or butter
1 cup milk (it’s best if room temp also, but doesn’t have to be)
3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs-  room temp. Beaten  (tip on making eggs room temperature fast:  place in a bowl with warm (not hot) water for about 5 minutes, then they’ll pretty much be room temp)

Add:
6 cups flour( may use a little more or less, you want them to be sticky and not too dry, I used about 6.5 cups each time, but I was mixing with Kitchenaid stand mixer & dough hook)
1 1/2 teaspoon salt

Place in covered greased bowl to raise in a warm place for 1 1/2 hours.   You should get something that looks like this when that step is finished.…



Roll Out and shape into A) Cinnamon Rolls or B) yeast rolls and let raise another 45 minutes. 

A)     FOR CINNAMON ROLLS - I combined about 1 cup packed brown sugar with 2 tablespoons cinnamon then added ½ cup of white sugar to the mix. (Feel free to change this mixture if you need more or less of something)    Then once the rolls are rolled out flat – take 1 entire stick of softened butter and spread along the rolled out dough.  Then sprinkle (quite heavily) the cinnamon sugar mixture.  Roll into a long jelly roll, slice and place in baking dish.  (I made mine really big this time…..)  Let raise according to directions above if you want to bake immediately.  If preparing at night, place dish in refridgerator overnight, in the morning place the baking dish in cold oven – let rolls warm up while oven preheats – and then bake.  Bake @ 350° for 30-50 minutes (depends on the size of the rolls – mine took FOREVER)  For glaze, combine powdered sugar with milk until smooth (still runny) and pour overtop while still warm.

B)      FOR YEAST ROLLS – roll out flat, use biscuit cutter to get circled portions and jelly roll each piece.  Place in baking dishes and let raise according to directions above.  Bake @ 350° for 8-10 minutes until light brown.

End Result should resemble the below….. One note…. I have NEVER gotten THREE 9x13 pans of rolls until this time, I have no idea what happened – I guess my yeast was super fresh!






I hope you enjoy – both versions of this recipe are simply delicious!!! J

5 comments :

Melanie @ 4Kottez said...

Mouth watering right now. LOVE!

Kimmyyy83 said...

You love me.

Unknown said...

Yum! Can't wait to try them!

Missy... said...

These look amazing! Totally wish I could use the pregnancy excuse for these! :)

By the way, I think you could totally get away with substituting cream of chicken or cream of celery soup in my "Easy Potato Soup" recipe! Let me know how it goes! :)

Wendy Annabeth said...

WOW, this looks delish!! Thanks so much for sharing :)