3.16.2012

A plateau? I hope no!


I realize, it is too soon to tell, but I am hoping and praying that it’s not here.  I was in denial that it might happen.  I know Mama Laughlin has talked about plateau time, and I want to avoid them like the plague.  By the way, It’s Mama Laughlin and Holly who really keep me inspired to keep going and to lose this weight.  Mama Laughlin has been an inspiration to me since Cooper was born two months after Big T, but I couldn’t get enough motivation to get off the couch that is until 2012, when I decided enough was enough.  And Holly, well, that girl keeps me going.  We talk a few times a week and try to keep one another going.  We lost our first 20 lbs about the same time and I am so thankful for a friend like her!  Thanks Holly!!

Ok, back to the possible plateau.  This week I was only down 0.8 lbs.  Now, before you think *man she’s still lost weight, she should be happy* note: I AM HAPPY that I lost weight this week  BUT, it is not what I’m used to, and I always want more. 

I realize, I have lost 24 lbs in 11 weeks and that that in self is awesome.  It’s coming off at a good rate so that it hopefully won’t come back on.  Still though, I’ve gotta say, I’m thinking it should have been more loss this week.  I was sooooo good about counting my points, earning my activity points and doing everything right.  I earned 39 activity points this week.  I walked an hour every day except Sunday when I only walked 30 minutes. 

I mixed up my dinners and my lunches so my body didn’t become too comfortable with the same things.  So, why only 0.8 lbs down this week?  I don’t know, but I’m not quitting, I’m not giving up, and I won’t back down or get weak.  I was still down, if only 0.8 lbs, right?  Any weight loss is better than none.  And no gain is better than a gain, so if next week, that scale doesn’t move much or not at all, I am going to pick myself up and get back to it.

A goal.  I want to run a 5k.  I have never been a runner.  I remember running in junior high and hating it.  We had to run for 20 minutes straight and we did work up to it over time, but it was enough to make me want to die.  I just cannot stand running, but, I want to overcome this hatred and accomplish this.  I honestly don’t even know how many miles a 5k is without looking it up, I think it is 3.something, but I’m not even sure.  It doesn’t scare me though. 

I think now that I’ve been walking 60 minutes per day for the last few weeks, my body is working up towards being able to run.  I did intervals last night for 10 minutes after my first 2o minutes of walking, and I didn’t die.  That is a plus, a major plus.  I was dripping with sweat, but I didn’t die.  60 seconds running, 90 seconds walking, and I repeated this 4 times for a total of 10 minutes.  AND, I could have kept going.   I know this sounds like pie to you runners, but for me, this is a huge accomplishment.

So then I walked another 10 minutes and called it a night.  I had an IU game to watch and I wasn’t going to miss it.  This is what I looked like when I was done:

So then it was shower time, and boy did that feel good.  Then, IU Basketball game time.  9:45 on a Thursday night, ugh, but I’ve got to watch my Hoosiers. 

Have a great weekend everyone!  I’ll have Meal Plan Monday coming up for you bright and early, with weight watcher points and a couple of new to me recipes! =)

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

I think your intervals are a great idea! I love to run but don't get to as much during the winter. So, when I start back up in the warmer season, that's exactly what I do too! Run, walk, Run, walk.... it helps with your breathing too!

good job, mama!!

Holly said...

24 pounds in 11 weeks?! Emily, you are amazing. And who knows about the .8 of a pound... You could have been a little more heavy than usual on that weigh in day. And I would imagine that some serious toning is going on with all of that walking.

Keep on, keepin' on, lady!

I am repeating all of my adicve to you back to myself because I didn't budge an ounce from last week.