12.13.2011

Show me your Christmas: Decorations!

Today we’re showing your our Christmas Decorations!  I do about the same thing each year, but this year I mixed things up just a tad bit…..

Mantle:  I added the Christmas subway art that I found on Pinterest.  I took down the picture that normally hangs there.  This year we have six stockings on that mantle, since Stephanie got married, we now have Ryan’s to add!  I love the Christmas card displays and still gotta love those Yankee candles, yum Macintosh!

 DSC_0060

The bannister.  We have painted it since last year, it was wood and covered in silver tinsel.  If you go here you can see my decorations from last year.  Like I said, mixed it up a bit.  This year, it’s decorated with ornaments my mom made for our family when I was little.  She gave them to me this year, and I knew they weren’t going on the tree, but I found another spot for them!

DSC_0054

Tree.  Now, if you look, you’ll notice that we have a row of lights missing.  This is a tragedy.  This tree is going out the door this year and we’re buying a new one before next Christmas.  I just cannot stand all the hassling I have to do to get this one lit, and as you can see, EPIC fail on at least one row of lights.  One keeps going in and out too, so that makes two sometimes off.  ugh.  We got new bulb ornaments this year, and I’m loving them, makes the tree look much better.  Plus they are shatterproof, so that is helpful with the 2 year old.  I highly recommend.

DSC_0049

Last, but not least, our outside decorations.  This is the first year since we got married that we did decorations outside.  I climbed my butt up that skinny tall ladder to put those lights atop those peaks of our house.  It was a bit scary, I admit.  Totally worth it to see my Cooper’s face every time we come home.  “pretty lights mommy, pretty lights”  That’s what he says.  Love it!  I dislike our cars being outside, but Tim’s working on a big Christmas gift for Cooper, so outside they must stay until it’s all finished up……

DSC_0057

Well, those are my decorations, link up and show us yours! Smile  Enjoy your Tuesday ladies!

2 comments :

Mrs. Mama said...

Oh the beauty of Christmas! :)

Holly said...

Emily... I love how you decorated your stairs-- very cute!