12.19.2011

Miscellany Monday

I haven’t linked up with Carissa in a long time, so I decided it was time again.  Now that I’m taking time to get back to blogging, time to get back to some of my favorite days to post.

1) Friday night we went to a Indiana Pacer’s basketball game.  We were  in the nosebleed seats.  literally.  Here was the view from our seats, nosebleeds I tell you.

photo 4

Here’s a picture of my cute boy and Ry-Ry and his niece Gracie.  Cooper LOVES Gracie.  Gracie LOVES Cooper.  They are so cute when they play.  She’s 4 and he’s 2.  He’s already flirting, they are sharing a seat.  It’s cute.

photo 2

2) Saturday Mom and Shawn came up to visit for a couple of hours.  They got to see our Christmas tree and decorations.  I baked cookies and got groceries and cleaned.  It was a productive day.

3) Sunday was church then relaxation.  A day of rest.  Just the way God intended.  Amen.

4) 4  more work days (including today) until a break for celebration of our Savior’s birth.  I’ve been counting down for weeks. 

5) Tomorrow is our “Holiday” Christmas lunch at work.  Our group of Indianapolis Finance people gather together for a nice lunch right before Christmas.  This year we’re going to Sullivan’s.  The menu they’ve got planned for us sounds delicious.  I cannot wait.  I don’t frequent expensive steakhouses so this meal is always a treat.  We do a white elephant gift exchange.  I need to find a gag gift, any ideas?

image

6) 4 more work days (including today) until we hit the road for this trip.  Indianapolis to NE Ohio. Almost to Youngstown.  We’re headed to the hubby’s family’s Christmas celebration.  Approximately 5.5 hours in a car with Cooper and Tim.  Stephanie, Ryan, Andrew and Sami will be meeting us on the 23rd, but we’re going after work on Thursday.  Visiting with some more of his family during the daytime on the 23rd, then dinner with his siblings Friday night.  Hotel then home on Christmas Eve.

image

7) Christmas Eve service is at 4 Saturday.  Very excited to attend our first Christmas Eve service at College Park.  We are so blessed to have found a church were we feel at home.

As you can tell, I’ve got lots of “Christmas” on my mind today.  It’s such a special time for families to celebrate the birth of our Lord.  Blessings are all around, don’t forget to recognize them.  Now, what random things do you have to say?  Link up with Carissa and tell us! Smile

Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters

Have a great day everyone!

1 comment :

Sara @ Our Life Blog said...

looks like you had a fun weekend!
i have Christmas on my mind a lot right now too-so much to get done!! :)