12.18.2011

12/19/2007 was the beginning

The day was a Wednesday.  I was a nervous wreck.  I had a BIG problem, I’m talking BIG.  I had a HUGE crush on this guy.  This guy who would be my future husband.  I was borderline crazy for him.  I think he knew it, but I wasn’t for sure.  We were going out for lunch alone and I was going to tell him.  We ended up having a date that night at his house, my house now too, and we’re living happily ever after.

Let’s take a step back………

It was a whirlwind romance.  To go back to the beginning quickly.  We work together at a really big office building and we have hallways that are really long (1/6 of a mile).  He started “stalking” me in August, we started talking on our company’s instant messaging system and walking together each afternoon.  I went to Italy for 2 weeks over Thanksgiving and while I was away, I couldn’t stop thinking about him.  I guess that’s how I knew.  I didn’t admit it to myself until a week or so before the 19th.  My mom helped me realize it.  THANKS MOM!!!

So I just had to tell him.  We went to lunch, I was a NERVOUS WRECK, but I told him and we started dating then and there.  I went home that weekend, and we decided it would be good to come and meet my parents.  We met them for a bit then went out to lunch, a movie and shopping.  That is the day we truly fell in love.  He told me he loved me over the phone in the middle of the night.  Christmas happened and the day I came back to work, he made me dinner and I met his kids.  That was fun.  I was sooooooooo nervous.  But they are good kids, so it wasn’t too bad.  Then went to visit his brother in Cincinnati the weekend before New Year’s, when we came home, I went to church with him on Sunday. 

After that, he took me ring shopping.  Yes, that’s right, 11 days after we started dating, I was helping pick out my engagement ring.  We knew we were going to get married, but he hadn’t asked yet.  I didn’t know when he was going to ask, but I knew he was. 

We spent lots of time together and on New Years morning, he asked me to marry him.  It was perfect.  We started the new year off together just before I had a weeklong trip in FL with my family.  So we spent that week apart, yet spent every spare moment on the phone with one another.  It’s been almost 4 years now, and I am so thankful for this man.  For our family.  He brings joy to my life and I am so blessed.  My love for him grows deeper every day. 

Tim, if you read this, I want you to know how much I respect you, appreciate you and love you.  I found this quote the other day and I immediately thought of you.  You are the best babe. 


You are the cheese to my macaroni, you are the horizon to my sky, you are the bacon to my eggs, you are the laces to my sneakers, you are the jelly to my peanut butter, you are the smile to my face, you are the gravy to my mashed potatoes, you are the bubbles to my bath, you are the milk to my cookie, you are the ink to my pen, you are the ketchup to my French fries, you are the water to my ocean, you are the icing on my cupcake. 

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

I love you too!!

Holly said...

So sweet!! I moved fast with my hubby too.., you just know when you know!! :)

The Lucas' said...

Hey Emily it's Nicole Lucas (Delbridge). I just want you to know that that was the sweetest post. I'm very happy for you! You have a beautiful family!!