10.10.2011

Moving the Hot Tub

Anyone ever moved a hot tub?  Been involved with anyone going to move a hot tub?  Let me tell you, it’s quite a task. 

Remember when I told you that hubby moved our new hot tub?

Well, here’s how it went.  Hubby got up super early, got to the equipment rental place to get a couple of equipment dollys.  These things were pretty helpful from the little bit of the moving process that I could see.

The guys showed up at the house around 7:45 – and they left the house around 8.  It took a bit to get to the place where they were picking it up, but after that, they loaded it up and got home by 10:45 – 11am.  There were 5 guys total.  Hubby, Andrew, Andrew’s friend Garrett, our neighbor Keith, and our friend from work, Jim, who also had the truck and the trailer. 

*thanks to all of you guys!!**

It took them about an hour to get the hot tub into place on our back deck and I have a few of pictures of that portion of the move.

DSC_0004DSC_0011DSC_0014DSC_0017

Now that the hot tub is in it’s place, Tim’s been working on replacing a few parts (turns out that it was frozen) and now it’s full of water.  All of the functions are working EXCEPT the heater.  So, the air bubbles work, the jets work, the lights work, the fountain works, the radio works and the heater DOESN’T.  Can you believe it?  I guess we’ll end up buying a new heating element.  Until then.  I look out my window and see a full hot tub that I cannot sit in until we get that replaced.

I’m glad hubby is a handy guy, otherwise, we’d have to spend lots of dough trying to get this thing up and running, but because he’s so good, we’ve spent less than $100.  Now for the heating element and voilĂ ! Smile

Have a great Monday everyone!

2 comments :

Holly said...

Of course it has to be something... but at least your hubby is handy! I would love a hot tub... You two are going to have too much fun in there! ;-)

Jenny said...

We haven't moved a hot tub but we have removed one. We had no idea how to dispose of a hot tub, so my dad came over and literally helped us cut it into pieces and haul it away!