8.02.2011

My Favorite iPhone Apps


Since everyone and their mother now has an iPhone, I thought I’d share my favorite apps with you.  I’m sure that most of these are pretty common, but if not, go and partake! 
A couple of things to note.  1)  I am cheap and I don’t like to pay for apps, at least very often and 2) I like to shop. 
My latest favorite app:
heytell!  it’s a lot like an old walkie talkie, or a push-to-talk phone of the past.  I just love it!  My Stephanie told me about this app this past weekend and I’m hooked, it’s super fun.  It’s for those conversations you want to have without the commitment of a phone call yet hearing a voice is nice!


Words with Friends:  I’m sure you’ve heard of this one.  It’s a nice little scrabble game that you can play with all of your friends, enemies and anyone random via their random opponent option.  If you wanna play with me, comment and I’ll email you back with my username!  FYI.  I stink at this game, I hardly ever win and you’ll have a pretty good chance of whoopin’ me! :)

tv.com.  yep, it’s an app, and a mighty fine one too.  I love this app because I can stream my soap opera and listen to it while working.  It has video too, but I don’t often watch it, I am mostly using this app to listen to the great Young and the Restless.  Yip, I’m a Y&R geek.

Shopping Apps:
Woot!  If you haven’t heard of Woot before, download this.  Woot is fun and you can get one heck of a bargain on items if you watch it daily. 
IMG_5920
Amazon app.  What a great app.  I can shop for virtually anything on the go.  Love it!

Craigsphone.  Love it!  Craigslist is awesome and craigslist on my iPhone is beyond awesome. 

ebay for iPhone.  What can be better?

Just a couple more, and these are not shopping apps.
Instagram: An amazing app that gives all kinds of filters for your awesome pictures.  love love love it!

For Twitter:
Echofon:  Love to read my twitter feed through this app.  It has ads at the top, but quickly you are able to see the latest tweets by all of the people you are stalking. haha.  if you want, send me a tweet my twitter name is @emjohnson7

For Facebook and Twitter:  Hootsuite:  I can do status updates for Twitter and Facebook at the same time with this lovely app.  I can also see feeds from both.  You can update linkedin, facebook, twitter and even update multiple accounts of each all through this account.  It’s nice.  Give it a whirl!


Well, that’s it for now, those are my favorite apps, I hope you enjoy and please, share your favorite apps with me! :)  Have a great Tuesday ladies and gents!

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

I will look into these. I was just thinking the other day that I have this phone and Irarely download anything! :)

Have a FAB day.

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm always looking for new (and FREE) apps. I'm on the Android platform so not sure if these would be accessible or not but I'll check.