6.07.2011

Shopping & Roaming Day with My Mama!


On Saturday, my Mom and I started a new tradition.  We went “shopping.”  We hope to do this tradition one Saturday per month, and we hope that is always the first Saturday of each month.  Today, since I really wasn’t in the mood for the mall, and since I wanted some fresh produce, we decided to roam around Indianapolis and check out some farmer’s markets.

First we headed downtown and went to the Indianapolis City Market.  There is supposed to be an awesome farmer’s market here on Wednesdays and Saturdays.  We’ll we didn’t have much luck today, but the building is sooooo neat.  Check out these pictures.  Super neat place.  Unless we just hit the place way too early, I think that Wednesday must been the best time to go to the market.  Maybe I’ll take a Wednesday off work someday and hit up the market then.


Next, while we were downtown, we thought we’d head to Indianapolis Union Station.  There is no real reason why, except my parents used to take my brother and me to Union Stations when we were little, St. Louis and Indianapolis I remember.  So we checked it out.  It is now a hotel and banquet center but still pretty cool.  They turned the trains that were there for show into hotel rooms.  We asked one of the maids to the hotel if she would let us see inside a room and she did!  It was so awesome.  I want to stay at this hotel sometime just for the neatness of it all.  Check out these pics.


Finallly, Mom and I headed over to Broadripple to check out the Broadripple Farmer’s Market.  We were successful in this area.  We stopped at the official “Broadripple Farmer’s Market” and also a market on the street and picked up some home-made super soft pretzels, hickory smoking chips (my mom’s husband loves smoking meat), tomatoes, watermelon, zucchini, cucumber and a few other things.
  
P1040389P1040391

While Mom and I didn’t get our picture together today, Sad smile we had a great time!  I look forward to us having this day scheduled each month. 

Thank you Mama, I had a great time!  Love this new tradition of ours, can’t wait for next month!

No comments :