6.03.2011

Cooper is 20 months old (June 3)

I'm delayed in writing this post because I've been busy and when I have had free time to write, I've been lazy.  It's a long one but at least I've included pictures to help you through it.


So today, I'm finally getting around to typing up all of the notes I've been writing to document Cooper and his accomplishments/abilities at 18/19/20 months old.




Cooper knows lots of words and is learning more daily.  He is constantly surprising and saying a new word, and when he does, it's over and over and over.....  Here is a list of the ones I can remember that is he saying, but I know there are more that I am leaving out.


  • Mommy
  • Daddy
  • Sissy
  • Bobo (big brother Andrew)
  • Doggy
  • No
  • Hi
  • Bye
  • Go
  • Cup/Cuppy
  • Nana
  • Dodo (Auntie Erica)
  • uh oh/ uh oh spaghetti o
  • Bobby (little boy at daycare)
  • ashes ashes all fall down
  • Ball
  • Moo
  • Neck
  • Nose
  • Ear
  • Eye
  • Belly
  • Big Truck (big kuck)
  • Juice
  • Banana
  • Balloon (loon)
  • Elmo
  • Toes
  • Shoe
  • Zoo
  • bubble
  • Neck

Cooper is on a routine each week day and we stick to it pretty much like clockwork. 


Each morning, I go into Cooper's room just a couple of minutes before 7am.  Most of the time he's still fast asleep, but there are the occasional mornings when he jumps right up.  He loooooooooooooves his bed in the mornings, so many days it is hard to drag him out.  He likes to play in his bed also, so between wake up time and play time in his crib, it's someimes 10-15 minutes before he is ready to get out of there.  I usually let him have this time though, cause sometimes he can be a bear if I don't give him enough wake up time.  He must take after his Daddy :)  We head downstairs do breakfast and put the doggy away and then head out the door.


During the day....Cooper goes to an in home babysitter, and he just loves it there.  He plays with the other kiddos and eats, naps and plays some more.  We are so thankful for our babysitters they are phenomenal!



Between 5 - 5:30, we pick Coop up each day, we normally head right home and start preparing dinner.  Cooper is usually pretty hungry by the time we get home around 5:45-6 that he eats something almost immediately.  He loves fruit so that can get him through until dinner is ready.  We are normally finished with dinner by 6:30.  Cooking ahead and quick meals ROCK!



After dinner, we play!  Around the house, outside, at the park or in the pool now that it's warm enough.  Cooper loves to play outside and he's pretty good about playing inside too. 



Between 7:45 and 8:15 Cooper says nighty night to Daddy and we head upstairs to brush teeth, put PJs on, change diaper, have baths,and have our nightly hugging session.  Cooper likes to cuddle around bedtime.  I just love these times of the day, I love the hugs and kisses from my sweetie boy.





Weekends are usually spent running errands and playing.  Cooper takes two naps each day on the weekends - this allows his daddy and me to do some cleaning and work around the house. 

Cooper loves ladders, ELMO, any kind of ball, and dancing to all kinds of fun music.  He won't eat meat unless its sausage or a McDonalds hamburger (which we don't do very often).  He loves fruit, veggies (esp green beans) and peanut butter.  He laughs constantly, and once in awhile he'll throw the biggest fit you've ever seen.  He is very vocal, and by vocal I mean LOUD.  He's such a joy and I'm so proud to be his Mommy.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my little man and his progress at 20 months.  I just cannot believe he's so grown up and so big!  Have a wonderful weekend ladies, I'm so looking forward to my shopping getaway with my Mama tomorrow!


1 comment :

Cool Gal said...

Well, isn't he just the most precious thing. I have a son, too (13 almost 14), and I miss that age so much! So full of curiosity!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and joining in the OPI fun.

Happy to be your newest follower! :)