2.02.2011

Ice/Snow Storm

We've been stuck at home since Monday night.  I'm not complaining, I have actually really enjoyed my time at home with my boys, however, I am not looking foward to driving in the inches of ice in my neighborhood.

Here are some pictures just outside my house.


See all of that white, it's ice, not snow, we didn't even have snow at this point!!


 That's my van, completely covered in ice, took us over 30 minutes to melt the ice off of the windows, then more time to get it out of the inches of ice that were surrounding the tires.

The tree looks beautiful, and it's completely covered in ice.  We were all worried about so much ice that the power lines would go down.  Some people lost power, but thankfully it hasn't been for very long periods of time, the average customer was out of power for 35 minutes.

Here is what were were supposed to see by this morning.  After all that came, we got an inch or two of snow to be extra fluffy on top of all of that beautiful crazy ice.

Tomorrow I am going back into the office.  I will warm up my van in the 7 degree temperatures in the morning, I will pack my stuff, my son and battle the ice.  It will be EMILY v. the ICE.  I will beat it.  I am determined to get back to work.

Wish me luck!  If anyone else in the midwest is going to battle the ice tomorrow, Good Luck to YOU too!!!

2 comments :

Holly said...

I feel ya!!

Lisa said...

Wow, that's a lot of ice! I thought about you when I was watching the weather on GMA and they mentioned Indianapolis getting hit with this winter storm. Not sure how far you are from Chicago but it looks like they really got it bad there.

Stay warm and be careful! You will win against the ice!