1.13.2011

Surgery & Thankful Thursday


{via}
I am thankful for healthcare.  As I sit here writing this post, my dear husband is having surgery.  He's having three hernias repaired and having a couple of tissue buildups removed as well.  I am worried about Tim, the surgeon is wonderful, and I know Tim will be fine, however, when your spouse, the love of your life, and best friend undergo anything like this it makes me worry.  I just keep saying prayers for him.  I am so thankful that Tim is able to have this surgery and that he has an excellent surgeon.

I am thankful that I am off work today, but have already found myself logging into work just to check on some things.  I am so thankful for a job where I can take time off without feeling negative effects from it the next day. 

I am thankful for a wonderful Mom who does more for us than we deserve.  Today my dear Mama came up to watch Cooper while Tim is in surgery and while I am here waiting on him.  She is always here for us, and we appreciate everything she does. 

I am thankful for blogging.  This new hobby of mine has introduced me to some wonderful people and some new friends.  I enjoy this blogging world more than I could have imagined.  I have learned many new tips and tricks for crafty projects, new recipes, and household tricks!  So much fun!

I am thankful for Stephanie, my stepdaughter.  She is such a good sister to her brothers and she is so good with Cooper.  I am so blessed to have her in my life and know this girl is in the world to do great things.  Tomorrow Stephanie is going to be at our house to babysit her dad.  Since Tim will not be allowed to be up and moving all that much for the next couple of days, she is going to hang out with him and take care of him all day! :)  Isn't she great?

I am thankful for Cooper who makes me smile every day.  I am thankful for Andrew who does some silly yet smart things that bring education and entertainment to my life.  I am thankful for Tim, who through this life is walking beside me as my partner, best friend and my love.  Thankful too for my brother, his family and my dad. 

 What are you thankful for on this Thursday?

5 comments :

Lisa said...

I hope your husband has a speedy recovery from his surgery.

You have a lot to be thankful for, especially a great family!

Michelle said...

What a great list :)
Hoping for a speedy recovery for your hubby.

The Martha Complex said...

My husband currently has changed his employment so I have had to pick up the healthcare insurance with my employer. Today I got the first check that the deduction took effect and I practically fell on the floor when I saw just how much it affected my take home pay. Reading your post really made me think... I am thankful that I am at a job that provides me an option to purchase. And even though it hurts paying for it (lol), I am thankful I have it because I can't imagine not.

I hope your husband's surgery foes well & the recovery is quick. :)

BTW - I found your blog through Life After Yes.

Jamie Oliver (@va_grown) said...

Thoughts and prayers for your husband's recovery. It's wonderful to have family you can depend on in times like these--you're very blessed. Thanks for sharing!

Jenny said...

Those are a lot of great things to be thankful for. I hope that your husband's surgery went well and his recovery is speedy!